4.22.2009

Stealing through the city and skateboards.

Amanda and I are stealing through the city. The night is ours. We go from building to building, into museums and through courtyards. In each place we order a drink, stay for a chat, then run out into the night. At one point we come across the Governor's Mansion, which is in the way of our escapades. There is a break in the fence and I show her along to sneak by. I slide through the plastic sheeting and see an entire family lounging on couches in the courtyard. They are staring intently into a glowing orboid of pure light. I interrupt them. I crawl over them. They are confused and angry. They yell at me. I do not know where Amanda is. I do not know if she followed me. I run through the gate and find a red Camaro parked nearby. Inside is a horse, and a mystery person, shrouded. I take off with a new crew and search for Amanda in the city. I drive like a demon, burning the roads to sludge behind me. I am speeding like a bat outta hell. I cannot find her anywhere. The city is on fire. The horses head is skewered on the antennae; the shrouded mystery person is no more save for the shroud, crumpled in the passenger seat. I fall to my knees and eat dirt.

I wake up and grab my skateboard. I'm in the middle of a desert. My sister is outside waiting. We take off. I shoot down the slopes. Go over jumps. I have durable wheels. I am fast. I jump and do tricks. I spin my self around. Ghosts chase me from the sides. It is difficult to escape them. Some are rose colored and make kissy noises while hearts float about them. Some of them are pale and spit while snot drips, drools, and bubbles out the nose. Some are little children crying on the side of the road, who turn to reveal the mouth of a lion and try to bite off one's head. I avoid them all by fractions. Soon I fly from an incline, over a deep, echoing chasm, into a hospital window. I lie down in the bed and attach the iv to my arm. I fall asleep pumping morphine into my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment